Skip to main content

Full text of "Bob Buente South Park BID Emails through 10/2018"

See other formats

Re: BID Renewal-call from Tara

Subject: Re: BID Renewal-call from Tara
From: Ellen Riotto <ellen@southpark.la>

Date: 05/10/2017 02:20 PM

To: Robert Buente <bbuente@1010dev.org>, "Shelby Jordan
(SJordan@aegworldwide.com)" <SJordan@aegworldwide.com>, Daniel Taban
<daniel@jadeent.com>, '"robin@biekerco.com 1 " <robin@biekerco.com>

Thank you!

Please have a look at the spreadsheet I sent out yesterday - also attached here - and put
your name next to those property owners you can reach out to personally. We'll coordinate
with you to make sure they receive their petitions by email so we can expedite the
turnaround. We're also planning to do a lot of hand delivery/pickups over the next several
days.

Notice that there are only 37 property owners (many of which are overlaps) that make up
the bulk of our assessments - these are in green. I think this is doable.

From: Robert Buente <bbuente@1010dev,org>

Date: Wednesday, May 10, 2017 at 2:17 PM

To: Ellen Riotto <ellen@southpark.la> , "Shelby Jordan ( SJordan@aegworldwide.com ) "
<SJordan@aegworldwide.com> , Daniel Taban <daniel@jadeent.com> , " 1 robingbiekerco■com 1 "
<robingbiekerco.com>

Ellen:

It never hurts to try! I like your attitude.

Let the Ex Board know what they can do and we'll make it happen...or at least try damn hard
to make it happen.

Bob

Robert Buente
President/CEO

1010 Development Corporation
1001 South Hope Street

1 of 3

10/19/2018 09:07 AM

Re: BID Renewal-call from Tara

First Floor

Los Angeles, CA 90015

bbuente@lO10dev.orq cmailto:bbuente@lO10dev.orq>

213-749-0214 x202 (o)

213-749-3098 (f)

From: Robert Buente < bbuente@lQ10dev,orq <mailto:bbuente@1010dev.orq> >

Date: Wednesday, May 10, 2017 at 12:58 PM

To: Ellen Riotto < ellen@southpark.la <mailto:ellen@southpark.la> >, "Shelby Jordan
( SJordan@aeqworldwide.com <mailto:SJordan@aeqworldwide.com> )" < SJordan@aeqworldwide.com
<mailto:SJordan@aeqworldwide.com> >, Daniel Taban < daniel@jadeent.com
<mailto:daniel@jadeent.com> >, " 1 robingbiekerco.com 1 " < robin@biekerco.com
<mailto:robin@biekerco.com> >

Subject: BID Renewal--call from Tara

Hi Everyone:

2 of 3

10/19/2018 09:07 AM

Re: BID Renewal-call from Tara

So Tara just got back to me, a day late, but I was nice! I asked her if we had a "chance"
to get 51% of the petitions signed and submitted to the City Clerk in time to make auto
billing. She was insistent that there was "No Way!"

I'm not a Tara fan and I do believe a lot of the blame for not getting the petitions out
in time to make auto billing rests with her. That said I would encourage us to be
realistic and not break our necks in an attempt to get petitions out, and back, in an
unrealistic amount of time. We need Council approval of the renewal by 12.31.17. We then
would go on manual billing and yes we may have to dip into our credit line. But we have
that line and we've never used it.

Wish I had better news.

Bob

Robert Buente
President/CEO

1010 Development Corporation
1001 South Hope Street
First Floor

Los Angeles, CA 90015

bbuente@lQ10dev.org cmailto:bbuente@lQ10dev,org>

213-749-0214 x202 (o)

213-749-3098 (f)

—Attachments:-

2017.04.24 South Park BID petition stage dbase.xlsx 931 KB

3 of 3

10/19/2018 09:07 AM